The HP Garage is a private museum where the company Hewlett-Packard (HP) was founded. It is located at 367 Addison Avenue in Palo Alto, California. It is considered to be the "Birthplace of Silicon Valley." It is a designated California Historical Landmark and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
گاراژ اچ پی موزه ای خصوصی می باشد جایی که شرکت هولت پاکارد در آن تاسیس شد. این گاراژ در خیابان ادیسون 367 در پائولو آلتو در کالیفرنیا قرار دارد. این گاراژ به عنوان زادگاه سیلیکون ولی تلقی می شود.این گاراژ به عنوان محل تاریخی برجسته در کالیفرتیا انتخاب شده و جزو آثار تاریخی ملی ثبت شده در آمریکا می باشد.
The home, originally designated as 367 Addison Avenue, was first occupied in 1905 by Dr. John Spencer, his wife Ione, and their two adult daughters. Dr. Spencer became Palo Alto's first mayor in 1909. In 1918, the house was divided into two separate apartments, numbered 367 and 369.
In 1937, David "Dave" Packard, then 25 years old, visited William "Bill" Hewlett in Palo Alto and the pair had their first business meeting.
In 1938, newly married Dave and Lucile Packard moved into 367 Addison Ave, the first floor three-room apartment, with Bill Hewlett sleeping in the shed. Mrs. Spencer, now widowed, moved into the second floor apartment, 369 Addison. Hewlett and Packard began to use the one-car garage, with $538 in capital.
In 1939, Hewlett and Packard formed their partnership, with a coin toss creating the name Hewlett-Packard.
Hewlett-Packard's first product, built in the garage, was an audio oscillator, the HP200A. One of Hewlett-Packard's first customers was Walt Disney Studios, which purchased eight oscillators to test and certify the sound systems in theaters that were going to run the first major film released in stereophonic sound, Fantasia.
The HP garage is not open for public tours, but the property can be viewed from the sidewalk and driveway.